<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 09, 2004

Over the weekend, the fact that I was sick mixed with my new cable-ready apartment, I got to channel-surf. I ran across the disturbing trend of televised card games. Now, I like the texas hold-em with pro players. And seven card stud isn't too bad. I don't like the seven card low-ball or whatever it's called. As far as I'm concerned, if there are no flushes or straights, then it's not poker.
Celebrity poker I also like. The player vs. player format until one person has all the money allows the personalities of the players to come through.
But I had the opportunity to watch Celebrity Blackjack. What they should call it is Celebrity BlzzzZzz. Damn, it's painful to watch. And they had celebrities I actually like. Ben Stein, for instance, is usually entertaining, but when he is the most talkative person at the table Zzz Zzz. I gave it a second chance and watch another episode. Bijou Phillips was on. I've always found her attractive. And I still couldn't watch it. It's was a extremely watchable woman in something totally unwatchable. It had to been created by the same people responsible for every recent Ashley Judd movie.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!