<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Is there a grocery store chain nowadays that doesn't have a frequent shopper club and make you sign up to get sale prices? I tried out two grocery stores yesterday. First, I went to Acme SuperSaver, where I wasn't too impressed. I didn't bother signing up for their club. It reminded me on the discount grocery store back home where you have to bring your own bags to pack your groceries in. I just got the necessities I was running low on. Then, I went to the bank. On the way home from the bank, I passed a Superfresh. It seemed alot nicer, despite having a adjective for a name. I signed up for the shopper club there. I still have to try and find the Giant grocery store around here.

By the way, the phone bill thingy I complained about got settled really quickly. Basicly, my landlord told me to pay the bill and they'd take the amount equal to the installation part of the bill off my rent. It's fair, except I have to pay the phone bill before the rent. Not a big deal. Also, it feels like I'm getting ripped off somewhere. Basicly, I pay almost triple my phone bill and get just over 10 percent of my rent off. It just seems wrong, but it's not. Plus, it means the phone company doesn't need to make any adjustments, which always can be tricky.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!