<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 05, 2004

One thing I’ve been meaning to write about is a bar that just opened up near where my old apartment is. Before it opened, it was a small restaurant that closed down right only a month before the new place opened. So, it essentially closed just to remodel and rename. Now that it’s reopened, there’s a bunch of signs on the front of the building advertising the different events. Most of them are standard stuff. One’s a karaoke night. One’s a pool tournament. But there’s also a sign for a weekly Beer Pong tournament. Apparently you pay an entry fee and you compete and all the beer is included in the price of the entry fee. This got me a laugh because I don’t think I’ve seen Beer Pong outside of a frat party or other college drinking party. I’ve never seen it in anything but a severely informal environment. They might hold it with extreme elegance, but seeing that a place does Beer Pong gives me a low impression of the class of the place.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!