<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 05, 2004

My temporary housing comes with an answering machine. This week I’ve gotten two messages left on the machine. Both from satellite TV companies. The first had an offer for installation in four rooms free. That would put a satellite receiver in the main room, the bathroom, and the two closets. Of course, one of the closets has a dresser in it, so you couldn’t really fit a person in it or even a reasonable sized TV. Anyway, the second message on the answering machine was from a different satellite installer. Similar messages only with five rooms free. You’d think they’d find a way to check to see if the people they were calling were living in an apartment. I’ve lived in a few different houses and I don’t think I would see a need for five hookups in any of them. My parents place and the place where Bill and Terri still live are the only places that had five rooms where you would want a TV with satellites. My parents have had five rooms with cable, just not all at one time. Once both my brother had moved out of state and I didn’t spend the night there as much, we moved the cable from the smallest bedroom out to the kitchen. Their house is the only place I’ve lived where I could warrant a TV in the kitchen, just because it’s the only place with a kitchen big enough to have a regular-sized kitchen table in it with room for people to sit around it and still leave enough room for people to move around the kitchen.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!