<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 15, 2004

I got my key yesterday.  I also got my parking space at my apartment.  It's not where I expected it to be.  It's across a side road from the apartment complex.  It's a little farther than I expected and I have to walk outside the gated area to get into the building.  But it's still a shorter outdoor walk than my current place.  My parking space is only about 20 yards from the edge of my work parking lot.  So, atleast parking is no problem.
 
My place has a guy manning the front desk at all times.  It's for security purposes as well as general help-the-tenants purposes.  I talked to the guy who mans the day shift.  I told him I had temp housing in Philly and he asked where in Philly.  I told him and he replied that he knew where that was and started to tell me wierd facts about a couple of the businesses near where I'm at.  It's stuff I didn't know and don't really have a want or need to know.  Let's just say, some of what he told me involved illegal activities.  It was too much info.  Also, this is a classy  place (way out of my legal, actually.)  and it didn't quite fit in with the classy image.  Maybe if it was the night shift desk guy.  But this is the guy that's at the desk when perspective tenants come to the rental office.  The closest I could describe him would be the doorman at the hotel at the end of the movie That Thing You Do.  Really nice guy.  I would advise him not to tell people he just met about the "hidden" businesses he knows about.
 
Otherwise, my apartment is cool.  There's actually a good internal wall where I can hang my electronic dartboard.  Don't have to worry about the impact of the dart board annoying the neighbors.  I do have to worry about people missing the dartboard by a couple feet on top and having it fly over the wall onto the stove top.  New apartment rule: when darts are in progress: microwave cooking only.
 
 
 

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!