<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 05, 2004

I can't wait til this month is over. By this time in August, I'll be in my new place, out of my old place and the temporary place totally, and the only thing left to deal with move-wise, will be changing driver's license and car registration. The timeline stands as this:
- July 8th - officially sign lease for my new apartment.
- July 14th - get key to new place.
- July 19th - move out of temporary housing (yes, there’s a reason why there's a 5 day overlap between the temp and new place. Anything under 30 days in a place, and they can charge you hotel tax. So it's actually cheaper for me to stay longer in temp housing. Besides, since the movers aren't scheduled to bring the stuff until the 26th, I won’t have a bed in the new place for almost two weeks. Even with me keeping the temp place til the 19th, and factoring in nights spent back west, I’ll still spend at least five nights in the new place without a bed.
- July 23rd - Movers come and get my stuff from my old place
- July 26th - Movers bring my stuff to my new place
- July 30th - Friday night, empty old apartment, and so close to my birthday, I'm thinking a help clean my place/empty house party. Actually, I have a feeling that my folks might do a cleaning invasion of my old place the last week in July. They've been threatening it for two years now. I might let them now that they can't criticize how much crap
I own.
- July 31st - Lease ends at old place.

I did find a place. It's right across the street from my work and it's a new luxury loft apartments. The lobby looks like it's a hotel. I would post the link to the place, but I'm unsure I want to let everyone on the internet know where I live and work. But it's also next to a commuter train station, so I won't have to drive much. It is in New Jersey (sorry matt) but I did the long commute at my last job and I think it took its toll. I'll save money on gas and tolls. And I can go home to eat rather than eat the sometimes-questionable food in the cafeteria.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!