<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 05, 2004

Bill mentioned my nephew's birthday party last week. Present-wise, I have moved away from the noisy presents and onto projectile presents. One of the things I got him was a nerf crossbow. Unfortunately, my sister-in-law Rachael's eight? (ten? maybe) year old nephew (who was visiting from Seattle along with Rachael's niece and mom) had apparently been wanting one for some time. He saw that and immediately was pestering my brother to be allowed to open it. Even before the rest of the presents were unwrapped. He finally got possession of it and refused to share it with the other kids, including my nephew whose present it actually was. I had to leave to head back to Philly, so I'm not sure how it turned out, but the crossbow was cool. I might get one for myself.

And yes, I got a nerf crossbow for a three-year-old, but he's smart for his age, and is bigger than kids years older. He rode the Jackrabbit roller coaster and the log jammer at Kennywood a week after his second birthday. He also plays well and holds his own playing with older kids. He has no fear, which I've seen can be both a good and bad thing. Anyway, I figured, the crossbow would make a good toy for the outdoors or in the screened-in porch. Sure, it could be used to break things, but I knew my brother would not let him have it indoors. I also got him one of the big Styrofoam airplanes that are "virtually indestructible" despite there being a couple broken ones in the bin in the store. I don't know if he has used that yet.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!