<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

The past week has been exhausting, but kinda what I expected. Surprisingly, the songs "Movin' Out", "Movin' out (Anthony's Song)", and "Moving Out" by Aerosmith, Billy Joel, and Amie Comeaux haven't been playing constantly in my head.

Since myh last post, I accepted the position in New Jersey, chose June 21st as the start date, moved into temporary housing in Phildelphia, and started working yesterday. I'm currently making arrangements to move my stuff out here.
I'm current0ly living in a loft in philadelphia (a hotel room with a high ceiling and a kitchenette). I have until mid-july to find a place. But I'm comfortable for now. I have a short commute (about ten minutes in morning rushhour compared to over forty minutes at my last job) and I have a t-1 line. So, while I'm in temp housing, I should be logging in fairly regularly. So far the toughest thing about my new job is getting back into a regularly sleep cycle. The place is more strict than any of the places I've worked before in terms of control of the computers and such. I don't have admin privileges and you have to put a ticket in to put any software on your computer. I'll be doing stuff that is pretty similar to my last job, but having so many more employees on the local site (4 figures as opposed to low 2 figures at my last job) makes them more vigilant over following standards. I should have no problem with it. As long as I can still listen to music and have internet access at home, I can deal.

Here what seems to be my options for where I live:
Pa (Philly): Short commute, easy transition in terms of insurances, car registry, etc. but high, high taxes.
Pa (not in Philly): like Philly with longer commute and lower taxes.
NJ: short commute, more complicated transition and, I'm told, the car insurance situation is one big Clusterfuck. (one guy said the state had to tell companies that if they don't sell auto insurance in NJ, they can't sell any type of insurance.)

So, either way, I'll to pay, whether it's in taxes, higher gas and time costs of a longer commute, or car insurance from hell.
I'll write more later this week about the movies and such I've seen recently. Also, the trip across the state allowed me to finally listen to some cds I'ved been meaning to listen to. I recommend the new cds from my two favorite bands, Aerosmith and the Clarks, as well as the debut albums from Velvet Revolver, Gretchen Wilson, & Julie Roberts.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!