<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Okay, I got this map from Craig via Joe. They used the rule that you have to eat in a state to count it. However, in the two drives down to florida, one drive across the country and a bustrip from NYC to Boston, I can't recall which states we stopped in. For example, I know my brother and I stopped long enough in Utah to take pictures at the great salt lake, but I don't believe we ate there. In the past, whenever I tried figuring out states I've visited, when the only visit(s) to a state are stopovers at airports and you don't leave the airport, it doesn't count. It becomes a factor for me with Texas, Minnesota, and Michigan. But driving through a state, once again, becomes a question, because I can't remember which states we stopped for rest breaks and/or gas.
So, my map is based on a more strict idea. The below map is of all the states where I've slept at least one night and sleeping in a moving vehicle doesn't count.


create your own visited states map
or write about it on the open travel guide


This has left me to a interesting result. I've been to West Virginia a million times. We went through there when I was young going to Sea World in Ohio most summers. I've been there to gamble, to ski, and even to play rugby, but I've apparently never spent the night in West Virginia. And considering I just watched Wrong Turn on dvd, it might be a good thing. And although I've been to WV many times and can't count it, I've been to Missouri, Colorado, and Oregon for less than 24 hours each and I do count them.
As for the country counter map, I'm not even going to do that. I've been out of the country three times, with only one of those trips being for over 24 hours. When I was in middle school, my family vacationed in California and we took a short trip into Tijuana. When I was in high school, I took about a week long trip to Mexico City, Taxco, and Acapulco. And just after finishing college, I spent New Years Eve in Niagara Falls, Canada. So, I've never been outside of North America. I don't find this too much of a negative as I've done plenty of traveling in the U.S. and I'd love to do even more.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!