<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

They've announced the line-up of the Survivor All-Star edition. Considering I followed the first one via day-after interviews on the CBS morning show, watched the second one only up to when Amber got voted off and haven't cared much for any of them since, I was pleased with the line-up. My favorites made it. They include the local girls, Amber and Jenna M. They also include the character that I, apparently, was the only one who liked. I was rooting for Jerri Manthey her first time around. Okay, at first it was because I had her in the survivor pool at work, but she kinda grew on me. She made her share of mistakes at first and she likes to say exactly what she thinks (often an admirable quality in real life, but can be fatal on Survivor) but what what I could tell in post-survivor interviews, the editing of the show made it seem worse than it was. Ever since I watched the first season of The Real World, I realize that editing often messed with the televised view of "Reality". Also, The Real World soon made clear that producers love conflict and will spin it so that there will never be a "everyone is friends" group together on any reality show. Getting back to the Survivor All-Stars, I was also glad to see Elizabeth from the second season of survivor declined to take part. She's not that bad on her post-survivor gigs, but she ignored the living crap out of me when she was on survivor. Her and Tina were the reasons I stopped watching after Jerri and Amber got voted off. Everyone said that Jerri was the two-faced one on that show. I thought a number of people were worse, especially Tina. Jerri just made the mistake of not hiding it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!