<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

One thing I forgot to write about last time was something I noticed when Tiff and I went to see Big Fish. The movie theatre we went to has stadium seating and they don't lower all the house lights entirely during the movie. They keep a couple of the side lights on very dim. I guess it's so that there's not total darkness at times in a movie that the screen goes very black. However, they are not bright enough to affect the viewing of the movie. In fact, unless you happen to look up at the side walls, you might not even realize that the lights are on. Tiff and I sat in seats on the side of the theatre. During the movie, I happen to look up at the near wall and noticed that there was the silhouette of a security camera in the light. There was a camera attached to the wall right beside the light such that it stuck out directly between me and the light. The camera was pointed out at the audience. This makes me wonder if they're keeping a eye out for bootleggers, troublemakers or simply people eating outside food. Probably all three. My guess, though, taking into account times when there were problems in the theatre I was attending is that they don't monitor all the cameras at all time. Consider the theatre is right next to , to quote springsteen, "a part of town where if you hit a red light you don't stop" (okay, it's not that bad, but I wouldn't want to be walking through there at night), it's possible they don't monitor the feed. They might just want it to use if something does happen.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!