<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

It wouldn't surprise me if PETA or one of their more militant splinter groups had a hand in the current mad cow happening in the U.S. Of course, a lot of cows might be slaughtered because of it, but anytime meat are linked to a disease in the press, the more ammunition they have to get people to turn vegetarian. Of course, the cow turned out to be older than the regulations about cow feed that essentially negate any chance of mad cow spreading in the U.S., but I simply wouldn't put it past PETA to cause a mad cow outbreak so people will be scared into going veggie. This is the same organization that put up a tasteless Santa sex billboard (seen here at Chuck's website) and there campaign to make kids think their mothers will kill their pets (check out the pdf of the pamphlet. If I had kids and someone tried giving one to them, I'd take it and shove it so far down their... um, guess they're lucky I don't have kids.)

Anyway, I'm going to continue eating meat, no matter what disease is found. If necessary I'll stick to local beef, but I've never let any report on how a food is unhealthy affect my eating before and I don't plan on starting now. In fact, in support of the beef industry, I suggest that the next time you all go out to eat or go to the grocery store, pick out a nice juicy steak.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!