<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

And finally, a entry that essentially ties together the last two posts. I recently got a movie from Netflix. It was double-sided with full screen on one side and wide screen on the other.

I put the wide screen side in my dvd in my living room. When I looked on the special features menu, it just had the commentary. I figured it was a similar case to "True Lies" where it should only say "special feature". The abscence of a trailer was suspicious, though, because, like I said, it's the bare minimum special feature. It's so easy to add to a dvd that even cheesy B-movies usually have a trailer.

Later on, I took it up to my bedroom where I had my portable dvd player hooked to my tv. Because of its primary function isn't to be hooked up to a tv, it doesn't always act right. Often wide screen movies still play as full screen on the tv. So I just decided rather than deal with that, I'd just play the full screen side of the dvd. I flipped to the special features menu and it had THREE PAGES of special features. It had a ton of featurettes on the stunts and the costumes. It had trailers and even a teaser trailer for the sequel. This just mystified me. You go through all the trouble to collect all the features and design the menus and stuff, how hard can it be to stick it on the other side as well.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!