<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Okay, happy thanksgiving everyone. I've made it to a computer today. Just a few notes from the past few days:
- I never feel older than when I see someone young enough that I can remember when they were born and realized that they've graduated from high school/college. I also feel old when I see an actress on tv or in the movies and think she's hot and then realized she's an actress I had seen years ago when she wasn't even old enough to be jailbait. This occurred this week when, while watching 10-8: Officers on duty, I realized that the cute female rookie officer was the little girl who starred in Life with Mikey. The same thing happened when I saw the movie Angus and realized that the girl who formed the triangle with the fat kid and the kid who would be Dawson was the little girl from Spaced Invaders. I could find comparisons to the Olsen twins, too, except they never went away and they still are jailbait.
- I've been seeing commercials for the tv show "Line of Fire". It looks really good. Seems like Sopranos if they concentrated as much on the police side as the mob side. Watching it, I recognized three faces. One was David Paymer. The second was Leslie Hope, who played Jack's wife in the first season of "24". The third was a twenty/early thirtysomething girl whose face I couldn't place. I thought maybe she was the romantic lead in the Jon Cryer movie classic "Hiding out". Turns out she's Leslie Bibb, from the tv show "Popular", which I never watched, and a few movies which I've never seen. So I should not have felt bad about not being able to place a face because I never should have recognized it in the first place.
- I've been watching "The Practice" a little this year. I had stopped watching it a couple years ago. This season, to stay on the air, the network made them cut costs, so they got rid of a few people, including Dylan McDermott. In his place, they put James Spader. Spader is, simply put, kicking ass. McDermott was only really known for one thing, The Practice, while Spader is a well known movie actor. To put it into a sports analogy, it would be like the Pirates last year, needing to cut costs, cutting Brian Giles and signing Barry Bonds at a lot less money.
- I went to the Clarks at Nick's Fat City on monday night with my brother. It was a great show. While we were waiting for the show to start, he kept on trying to talk to me, but I have larengitis and the music was loud but that didn't keep him from trying. At one point, Tiff was going to go to the show with me, but she ended up staying in Ohio. I was going to call her during the concert so she could hear some of it, but the only song I knew for sure she really liked was "Better Off Without You", and I didn't want to give her the wrong idea. The show was great, as they always are. They played some new material from they're upcoming album. One of the highlights was when the guitarist and bassist left the stage and the lead singer/guitarist Scott Blasey sang their song "Chasin' Girls" with just him on the guitar during the verses and the drummer coming in with a light beat during the chorus. The whole crowd was singing along with both the lead vocals and the backing vocals and for the last chorus or two, scott didn't even sing. He just sat and watched the crowd singing. Other highlights were, of course, "Cigarette" and "Help Me Out". "Boys Lie" was also great and they sang "Treehouse" which might have been the first time I've seen them do it live. They also did their cover of "The River" from the new Springsteen tribute album. They said it was the first time they've done it live. The song is growing on me, but I still like the original version better.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!