<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 13, 2003

I got the series finale for Dawson's Creek through netflix this week. I watched the show the first season or two. I think I stopped watching it when it seemed that Joey, who had been madly in love with Dawson, would get together with Pacey. It simply pointed to a road traveled by many other long-running shows. The road being everyone eventually sleeps with everyone else. I mean it happened on 90210 and I think by the time Friends is over, the only hetero coupling not tried will be Ross & Monica (brother-sister). Okay, the Friends example might be a exaggeration, but on the dramas, I can deal with evil twins, drug addictions, amnesia, but I can never take the fact that on alot of shows every character has the ability to fall in and out of love at the drop of a hat. I'm not even talking about casual sex aspect. It's the declaring their undying love to a different person twice a season. I think that's one of the things I liked about Buffy. Love took some getting over. It wasn't just something turned on and then off. Except, of course, for the whole Buffy/Spike thing. That still bugs me.

But I got totally off my point. I watched the series finale of Dawson's Creek after not following it at all since season #2. The action takes place five years after the action of the rest of the series. Alot of it played off like a reunion show with the characters remembering events that happened in previous episodes. The thing is, alot of it dealt with destiny and whether they made the right choices in life and what is in store for them in the future and the whole "big decisions" that are often made when a person are in their twenties. It got me thinking about my life. I never made those "big decisions". Well, when I was laid off last time, I considered going back to school for a different career and decided not to. Well, I've almost always have been behind the curve on the major life milestones, maybe, for me, they're still to come. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Anyway, for those who know me know I ramble. Everything previous to this, if you don't understand it, don't worry, it's just me rambling. Don't lend any importance to it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!