<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Okay, I've been busy at work this week. There's a big meeting in our local office, so the second half of last week, there must have been thirty or so people in the office when there are usually six. The meeting are being held yesterday and today at a local off-site, but the demos that accompany the meetings are being held here and last week was all about getting those demos ready. With all the commotion, including my desk phone becoming the main phone for all the visiting people, work has been hard to accomplish. The only good thing that has come from it is they seem to be learning. We're in a secondary local office, just extra space that the company is leasing until we can move into our new building next year. The main local office has a receptionist, but since there are usually just six of us at our office and we don't get many calls or visitors, we answers phones ourselves. Well, the last time there was a big to-do at the office, the six of us answered phones constantly for the guys who were visiting our office from other offices and we didn't get any of our work done. This time, they temporarily moved the receptionist from the primary local office down to our office so I haven't had to answer a phone much this past week. I hate answering phones. By the end of this week, it'll be back to just the six of us and most incoming calls will be wrong numbers.

Saturday was the heart walk. Thanks to all who donated. It was a success attendance wise. There was a lot of people despite the rain. They had trouble parking because they had planned to park everyone in grass fields that became instant mud. I ended up parking at a Ponderosa steak house across the street. The path, like everything in Western PA, was half downhill and half uphill. The first two and a half laps weren't too bad, but halfway through the third, the rain got harder and colder and a lot of people quit, but I trudged on. The weather changed back down to just a constant rain by the last lap. Afterwards, they had snacks, vegetable trays, fruit cocktails and pizzas for the walker. Any guess which snacks I had? Actually, I did have a carrot. And four pieces of pizza.

After the walk, I had to go to work for a little bit, so I sat at my desk and did my programming with a dry shirt I had brought with me, wet jeans and no socks or shoes. Surprisingly nobody noticed.

Sunday, I slept in and went to a tailgate party with my brother and some of his college friends. I ate kielbasa, drank beer, and played the best game of euchre ever. The rest of the day is a blank.

Yesterday, I took Tiff out to Outback steakhouse steakhouse for her birthday. I had a 22oz porterhouse steak. I also had cheese fries. So much for the heartwalk. Hey, I also had some carrots.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!