<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 20, 2003

Okay, I don't think I'll ever get to the other movie reviews I mentioned, so I'll do quick reviews:
The Sleeping Dictionary: Only if you're a Jessica Alba fan.
Punch-Drunk Love: Only if you're a Paul Thomas Anderson or MAYBE a Adam Sandler fan who likes art house films.
The second season of 24: The writing was even better than before. It had to be, though, because it couldn't rely on the novelty of the real-time gimmick. It no longer feels like a gimmick. The different scenarios feel less contrived than in the first season and it's still well acted. The Jack's-family-in-danger storyline is once again the weak point as Kim's adventures seem totally removed from anything else, but atleast they don't seem straight out of a soap opera like the whole insomnia storyline did in season 1. I highly recommend the first and second seasons of 24 and I look forward to the third season which starts next week.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!