<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 07, 2003

Two more stories from the trip this weekend:
- There was a spider floating in the pool. As followers of my and her blogs probably know by now, Tiff hates spiders. Rather than do the good-boyfriend thing and get rid of the spider, I floated to the other side of the pool and watched Tiff franticly try and splash the spider out of the pool. Eventually, I did come over with the pool-cleaning thingy and threw the spider outside of the pool.

- While on the way home, Tiff suggested we play a travel game. She suggested the "I went to a and I a ..." game. That requires memorizing a long list of nouns in the correct order. I didn't feel like it. My first thought was the game where the players have to keep thinking of songs with a certain word in it, but decided that Tiff would be at too extreme a disadvantage. So I suggested that we go back and forth naming famous people. The catch is, the first initial of the famous person must be the same as the last initial of the previous famous person.
For example:
Barry Manilow
Mark Hamill
Harrison Ford
Fred Gwynne
Gloria Stewart

We played for over two hours and I'd like to say that I was extremely impressed by how well Tiff did. She doesn't follow popular entertainment like I do, but she came up with more than a few names that surprised me.

Occasionally, I did give her clues if she got stuck, but that sometimes had funny results. One time, she needed a name starting with "S". I game the hint: "He was nominated for an Oscar for Pulp Fiction." She suddenly said "Stanley Kubrick". It wasn't who I was hinting at, obviously, but somehow that hint allowed her to access a right answer for the game, if not the hint.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!