<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 07, 2003

I'm worn out from spending the weekend in Ohio. I spent alot of time in the pool with Tiff. She doesn't believe in relaxing around the pool. I spent a good amount of time trying to convince her that she couldn't dunk me. The water is only about three and a half feet deep which pretty much puts the entire top half of my body above water. This makes me difficult to dunk, especially with her favorite method being jumping on my back and screaming "your head should be going underwater". It was fun, though. On Friday, we were in the pool and we look up and say "Gee, it looks like it's going to rain". A minute or two later, the rain was coming down such that it felt like hail against the skin and the wind blowing so hard that we couldn't get the pool cover on. Of course, the rain didn't last too long and the weather was fine later on.

I watched Men in Black II. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm glad that I didn't have to pay for it. The first one succeeded on the novelty of its premise. The novelty of it is off for the second one. Plus, the first one was realistic within its premise. The second one had a number of things that I just couldn't buy.

Also, this weekend, I finally got a chance to read. I made it about halfway through Terry Bradshaw's book It's Only a Game. It's a great read for any Steeler fan or any football fan. I rank it just below Myron Cope's autobiography Double Yoi!, which I would recommend to any sports fan because he just doesn't talk about football, but his experiences with Muhammad Ali, Roberto Clemente and sports reporting in years b.e. (before Espn).

But back to Terry Bradshaw, I plan on reading his most recent book, Keep It Simple, after I'm done with It's Only a Game. After that, I plan on reading Confessions of a Hero-Worshiper by Stephen J. Dubner which is about a guy growing up worshipping Franco Harris. I've read a few great reviews of it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!