<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 10, 2003

I either love or hate this. My guess is the latter. Converse has always been my favorite sneakers. I'm not talking about the Chuck Taylor canvas Converse. I'm talking the leather basketball shoes, like Cons. They've always just been the most comfortable on my feet. I've never even had to break in a pair of Converse. On the other hand, I've never had a pair of Nike sneakers that I could wear. They've never felt comfortable on my feet. It's like I never could break them in. When Converse went down hill and became hard to find, I found other sneakers to wear, but none as comfortable as Converse. Now Nike has bought Converse. I hope that it means that the Converse leather basketball shoes, with Nike's great marketing department, will make a comeback. However, that's doubtful. Nike obvious bought Converse for the Chuck Taylor brand canvas. Why would they put money into the other just to compete with Nike basketball shoes. So, Nike will either kill the Converse leather line or simply stick the Converse name onto Nike sneakers. Either way, it's look like I'll have to find a new favorite shoe.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!