<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 28, 2003

Tonight is The Clarks concert. They are one of my favorite bands. They've been spreading out from Pittsburgh more lately, so it's nice to see them come back to town.

I've seen them a few times over the years. I've seen them everywhere from a free concert at CMU to Nick's Fat City to the big first annual Rolling Rock Town Fair. One time that sticks out was when they played the Surge Fest at Star Lake Amphitheatre. Surge Fest was a day long festival featuring only local bands. There were three stages, so music was always going and Gathering Field and The Clarks headlined. That show was the last time I ever saw Bitter Delores. I had seen them a few times over the years, but haven't heard of them since. I'm wearing a t-shirt from one of their shows now. This brings me to kinda the point of this post. The shirt has a spanish sentence on the back. I never totally translated it, but I knew it had to do with supporting local music. Tiff saw the shirt and decided to try and find the translation. The phrase is "¡Apoya la musica local, huevon!". She easily got the translation for everything but the last word off the internet, but no online dictionary had the translation for the last word. Turns out the last word is slang for a woman's body part, so the translation is "Support local music, <female body part>". I'm glad I never got infront of someone who was spanish while wearing the shirt.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!