<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 12, 2003

This week I got season 4 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD. When I bought it at Suncoast, I was informed by the guy at the counter that I get the movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer free when I bought season 4. As far as I could see, there were no signs saying I was entitled to the free movie. Considering the retail price for the movie was over half of what I was paying for the DVD, I found it was unusual that they wouldn't advertise it. Also, in my mind, I don't connect the movie with the series. The series is a sequel to the original script of the movie. When the movie was made, Buffy creator Joss Whedon didn't have much clout. They took his script and tried to make it a comedy and make it campy. It wasn't until Joss became a hot screenwriter and script doctor that he got the clout to make a WB sitcom. I would love to see what the Buffy movie would have been like if Joss could have made the movie his way. Unfortunately, that won't happen. If a new Buffy movie is to be made, it will be lilkely be a sequel to the series.

Another Buffy note. Included in the DVD was a note from Joss stating that he's a big fan of movies being released on widescreen format, but that the Buffy DVDs wasn't in widescreen cause it was made for television. I am also a fan of widescreen. I just found it logical that Buffy would be in tv picture ratio because it was made for tv. The fact that he put the note in makes me believe that he must have gotten comments or complaints about not having widescreen version of the first three seasons DVDs. That leads me to the theory that there are people who preach the widescreen gospel not because they understand why widescreen is better for movies made for the big screen but that widescreen is always better but they don't understand why it is better.

I took my car in for the yearly inspection. Tiff came along and we looked at some new cars while we waited. I have no intention of getting a new car anytime soon. Tiff is trying to change my mind. When it comes to car, I think the only thing that me and Tiff agree on is that I shouldn't get a Ford Focus. My reasoning is the Focus is built for midgets. I drove it as a rental for a couple days a couple months ago and it wasn't a good fit. Tiff's reasoning was she doesn't like the way it looks. But hey, atleast we agree on something.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!