<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

I came home from work last night and my front door was painted. I had left work kinda late and stopped by GEagle on the way, so it was almost dark outside. I had a couple grocery bags in each hands and as I rounded the corner, the first thign I notice is a piece of paper in front of my door. I walk towards it and start to bend down to pick it up and then I looked up and realize my door was black! (The Rolling Stones' "Paint it Black" immediately went through my head.) I stood up and double checked to see if I was standing in front of the right apartment. I was. Turns out the paper lying on the ground said "Wet Paint". This morning, when I left for work, I notice that the door wasn't black, but a dark green. And it needs another coat. I called the office this morning and they said that they knew the painter was supposed to start but they didn't know they had started yet. It must have been nice that they had some warning, though. I didn't.

I went on a rant on Bill's blog recently about tv shows made into movies. Now I hear that they're trying to make a movie out of the fall guy with George Clooney starring and one out of Dallas with Bruce Willis as JR. Now I can see Clooney playing the Lee Majors role, although I don't think he'd be my first choice. I haven't figured out who my first choice would be, though. For the Jody Banks character, played on tv by Heather Thomas, I have a suggestion. For Jody Banks, you need a blonde who doesn't need to talk much or act smart but needs to look good in a bikini. Willis is one of my favorite actors, but I just can't picture him as JR. My first choice for JR would be Michael Douglas. He's always played a great evil millionaire. I know Bill disagrees with atleast one of my suggestions. Anybody has any casting suggestions for either movie?

Also, a question I posed on Bill's blog: has there been any really good movies based on a tv show? And movies based on superheroes don't count cause in those cases, the movie and tv show are based from the same source. I'm looking for where the movie is based on the tv show. I think my leading candidates for best made-from-tv movie would be The beverly hillbillies and the first Mission Impossible. That's scary.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!