<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 16, 2003

A good time seemed to be had by all friday night as we went out to celebrate Chuck's birthday at Dave and Busters. I tried a couple games I hadn't tried before. The most interesting of them was the boxing simulation game. There are pics of it on both Tiff and Chuck's sites so I won't bother describing it, but it uses motion detector to tell where you're standing and where your punches are going. Although the "gloves" aren't heavy, even a light weight seems to get heavy if you're doing all sorts of motion with it. So, in essence, it's the most tiring arcade game I've ever played. And there are points where who have to throw 30+ punches consecutively and, for some reason, seemed to have a hard time registering my right punches, so I did a lot of punching with my left arm, which is my weaker arm. I found out late in the game that if you just kinda way your arms in big motions, it counts as a punch. Interesting workout. Of course, if you played it drunk, you're liable to hit yourself in the head with the gloves.

I'm kinda bum that the steer wrestling game has been removed. The steer wrestling game was simply a bull's head attached to a vertical panel and when the buzzer rang, you had to turn the head as fast as possible upside down. It was a nice break from the normal video game for a short period, although you couldn't play it all day.

I'm also sorry that we didn't get a chance to put Chuck in the electric chair, which is a big chair with metal handholds. When it gets started, it starts vibrating really fast. The object is to try and hold on and at first it starts getting really hard to hold and then it actually gets to a point where it's almost hard to let go. Chuck was more than a little buzzed at the end of the night, so sticking him the chair would have provided an interesting reaction.


We closed down D&B and went to Steak and Shake. The speed of service was down there with the worst of the late night at the squirrel hill Eat 'n'park, but the waitress was nice and apologized and explained that a few people had quit/been fired that night so they were understaffed. We watched a few groups of people sit down, wait, then get up and leave without even ordering drinks, but we stayed cause we didn't have anyplace else we needed to be and after 2am, the choices for food in that area was pretty much limited.

I have a few comments about movies I've seen recently, but I'll save them for another day.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!