<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 26, 2003

Just a few notes about this weekend:

- I'm taking Tiff to the Styx/REO Speedwagon/Journey concert next month. I get to look forward to a night of cheesy power ballads. I better make sure all my lighters are full. At least I got tickets far enough away from the stage that I won't notice that the only guy I know from any of the bands, Steve Perry, isn't even with Journey any more. Wait, I also know that guy from Styx who was in Damn Yankees that looks like David Spade.

- I saw Bruce Almighty yesterday. Funny picture, although I wouldn't pay full price to see it again. In the movie, Bruce, played by Jim Carrey, plays one of those cheesy local reporter that always get assigned to do the funny little human interest pieces. He never gets the hard hitting stories and he gets passed over for the recently-opened anchorman position. He then goes on a rant at God complaining about how God has it in for him. I'm sorry. Any guy who has a good job in a field he likes and has a girlfriend who is sweet, kind, supportive and looks like Jennifer Aniston has no right to complain to God. But if you can get past that Bruce is a big whiner at the beginning of the movie, then the movie can be funny.

- In Bruce Almighty, Catherine Bell played a character named Susan Ortega. I think she was supposed to be a hispanic news anchor, but she doesn't look hispanic and only once did I hear her attempt an accent, but her character is there, anyway, simply to give Bruce's girlfriend a reason to get mad at Bruce.

- I watched Desperate Measures last night on DVD. It still disappoints me. I've always been a fan of Michael Keaton and the film was filmed in Pittsburgh. I expected more. Keaton's character doesn't seem crazy, just bored.

I have a couple more things to comment on, but I'll do it at another time. It's time for me to go.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!